1. I was having a conversation with one of my 6th graders (we will call him Billy) at the time about how we all need to be nice to each other. He had been having problems with a friend so we talked about when we are not nice we feel bad etc. All of a sudden, Billy turned to me and the teacher who was also in on the discussion with us, put his arms around us, and said "after all, we are all brothers and sisters from God"!
2. One of my 3rd graders (we will call him Jon) was having a really hard day. He was out of his seat constantly and in fact had spent some time crawling on the floor trying to escape his work. When he was finally in his seat and doing his spelling I walked over to him and said "you spelled that perfectly Jon, great job" to which he quickly replied "it was not perfect, no one is perfect except Jesus". Not knowing how to respond I simply gave him a "great job" and moved on!

hey - keep the posts coming - i am now reading your blog, too.
ReplyDelete